If you are looking at your own, ‘personal’ finances, your journey will have a number of potential roads ahead.
The best way forward will, of course, depend on where you are right now and where you want to get to. That’ll mean asking you a lot of questions and doing a lot of listening.
BUILDING A FINANCIAL PLAN
With a more in-depth understanding of your income, your debts and any savings or investments you may have in place, we can start to build a plan.
Typically, this will mean looking at the key landmarks for you in the years to come. We’ll look at where you want to live, how long you want to work for, when you want to retire and the plans you want to make for the future. We’ll also explore the risks that could stop you from making headway and the events that could require a change of plan.
PREPARING FOR RETIREMENT
Ultimately, we want to help you reach a place where you can live without worrying. That means building a retirement plan that is tax-efficient and sustainable.
Let’s Make Headway
Yes, there’s a lot to take into account. And there are no easy short-cuts. Which is why we’d love to start making Headway. Let’s get talking and develop a financial plan built entirely around your needs and plans for the future.
SOME OF THE QUESTIONS WE’LL ASK YOU
Helping you manage your finances for your journey isn’t something we can cut-and-paste. No two professionals are the same, even if they’re doing a similar job for a similar salary. By chatting to you, we’ll be able to understand your financial goals and desires and how best to support you. So we’ll ask a range of questions including:
- How long do you want to keep working for?
- At what age would you like to retire, and how much do you need to enjoy that retirement?4. How can you maximise your workplace pension and employee benefits?
- How can you lower your tax rate?
- How are you saving and investing right now (if at all)?
- Do you have a plan to diversify your funds across different types of investment?
- Do you own a home? When would you like to be mortgage free?
- What sort of events could stop you from earning?
- Should we make contingencies for positive changes in your circumstances (like a new business, a family or potential inheritance).
WAYS WE CAN SUPPORT YOU AS A PROFESSIONAL
Building a financial plan around your needs.View
Managing your cash savings and investing in stocks, shares, property, ISAs.View
Pension planning, pension consolidation, pension finding and managing your pension contributions.View
Advising you on income tax, inheritance tax and capital gains tax plus investing tax efficiently (ISAs and pensions).View
Residential mortgages, commercial mortgages, buy-to-let mortgages and remortgages.View
Income, critical illness and life insurance.View
A retirement plan to allow you to relax and enjoy your later years in the UK or abroad.View
Will writing, trusts, estate planning and administration.View